Level 3 First Aid at Work
The eLearning course is ideal for anyone who wishes to become a first-aider in the workplace. To become qualified, you must also complete 2 days of practical training.
Please select how many licences you would like for your team.
Save money with bulk purchases.
Buy 10 to 49 licences and save 10%.
Buy 50 to 99 licences and save 15%.
Buy 100 or more licences and save 20%.
What’s It About?
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
This First Aid at Work eLearning course lets you undertake the online first-aid theory training and then go on to achieve the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work qualification. This eLearning programme replaces Day 1 of the 3-day Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work course run through recognised Highfield Qualifications centres.
This First Aid at Work eLearning course also covers other practical areas of the course, such as CPR, so is great for reinforcing competency and refresher training.
Who’s It For?
The course is ideal for any employee or manager who wishes to become a first-aider in the workplace.
What Does It Cover?
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first-aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recognising and assisting a choking casualty
- Managing a casualty – external bleeding and shock
- Managing a casualty – minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with injuries to their bones
- Administering first aid to a casualty with head and spinal injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with burns or eye injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning or anaphylaxis
- Administering first aid to a casualty with a major illness
How Long Does It Take?
This First Aid at Work eLearning course will typically take 4 – 5 hours to complete. However, as this training is hosted online, candidates can complete one module at a time at a pace to suit them.
Who Is It Accredited By?
The First Aid at Work eLearning course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading regulated qualifications provider.
How Does It Work?
Our eLearning programmes are available on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs, Macs and laptops. All you need is an Internet connection. Candidates log on to the Learner Management System and work their way through the course. Included in the course are scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Our courses simplify even the most complex of subjects through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage candidates. The key elements of our eLearning courses are:
- interactive exercises and gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market-leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
How’s It Assessed?
This First Aid at Work eLearning course is assessed by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course. Candidates must score 100% to pass.
If the candidate does not achieve 100% the first time, they will be taken back to review the module they have struggled with. They can then retry the multiple-choice questions as many times as necessary to pass the course.
They will receive an electronic copy of your certificate immediately upon completion of the course. The certificate may be printed and used as evidence of this training.
This online First Aid at Work eLearning course alone does not provide a qualification.
If you wish to achieve the recognised Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work qualification, you must sit an invigilated examination. This can be achieved by attending a practical first aid session to complete your learning – please call us for further details.