Download The Course Fact Sheet
For full course content, entry requirements and assessment method.
Level 3 Paediatric First Aid
This eLearning course is ideal for anyone looking after infants and children. To become qualified, you must also complete 6 hours of classroom training.
Please select how many licences you would like for your team.
Save money with bulk purchases.
Buy 10 to 49 licences and save 10%.
Buy 50 to 99 licences and save 15%.
Buy 100 or more licences and save 20%.
What’s It About?
A first-aider must have an appropriate first-aid qualification, and the qualification must be appropriate to the ages of the children in their care. Our paediatric first aid eLearning course allows learners to undertake online paediatric first-aid training, which forms part of the requirements needed for you to go on to achieve the Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid qualification.
This paediatric first aid eLearning course can replace 6 hours of the theory of the face-to-face course. However, to achieve the full qualification, you must also undertake at least 6 hours of classroom training. You must have your skills and knowledge assessed during the face-to-face part of the course, in accordance with the qualification specification.
Who’s It For?
This online paediatric first aid eLearning course is ideal for anyone looking after infants and children, such as carers, child-minders and schools.
What Does It Cover?
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Providing first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive, choking or has external bleeding
- Providing first aid to an infant or a child with a suspected bone fracture or dislocation; head, neck or back injury
- An infant or a child with the condition that affects the ears, eyes and nose; burns or scalds; an acute medical condition or sudden illness; a minor injury; shock
- An infant or a child experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- An infant or child who has sustained an electric shock or been poisoned
- Providing first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
How Long Does It Take?
This paediatric first aid eLearning course will typically take 6 – 8 hours to complete. However, as this training is hosted online, candidates can complete one module at a time at a pace to suit them.
Who Is It Accredited By?
This paediatric first aid eLearning course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading regulated qualifications provider.
How Does It Work?
Our eLearning programmes are available on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs, Macs and laptops. All you need is an Internet connection. Candidates log on to the Learner Management System and work their way through the course. Included in the course are scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Our courses simplify even the most complex subjects through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage candidates. The key elements of our eLearning courses are:
- interactive exercises and gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market-leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
How’s It Assessed?
The paediatric first aid eLearning course is assessed by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course. Candidates must score 100% to pass.
If the candidate does not achieve 100% the first time, they will be taken back to review the module they have struggled with. They can then retry the multiple-choice questions as many times as necessary to pass the course.
They will receive an electronic copy of your certificate immediately upon completion of the course. The certificate may be printed and used as evidence of this training.
This online paediatric first aid eLearning course alone does not provide a qualification.
If you wish to achieve the recognised Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid qualification, you must attend at least 6 hours of practical training and assessment in a classroom environment. Please call us for further details.