Emergency First Aid at Work Course
What’s It About?
This one-day emergency first aid at work course will provide you with the necessary knowledge and practical skills you need to administer first aid in the workplace.
Furthermore, it will enable you to act as your appointed person and to take charge of the first-aid arrangements. The course also includes looking after your first aid equipment and facilities and calling the emergency services when required.
What Will You Gain?
Attending this course offers a range of valuable benefits that can significantly enhance your ability to respond effectively in emergency situations within the workplace. This specialised training program is designed to equip individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide immediate assistance to those in need. Here are some key benefits of attending an Emergency First Aid at Work Course:
- Comprehensive Understanding: The course provides a comprehensive understanding of your role and responsibilities as a first aider in the workplace. It covers essential topics such as assessing the scene, prioritizing care, and ensuring the safety of both the injured person and yourself.
- Legal Compliance: The course emphasises the legal requirements for first aid provision in the workplace. By attending this training, you will gain insight into the specific regulations and obligations that employers and employees must adhere to regarding first aid. This knowledge ensures that you can help your organization meet its legal obligations.
- Confidence and Preparedness: One of the most significant benefits of the Emergency First Aid at Work Course is the confidence it instils in participants. Through hands-on training and simulated scenarios, you will develop the skills needed to react quickly and confidently during emergencies. This increased confidence enables you to provide immediate and appropriate first aid, potentially saving lives or preventing further harm.
- Life-Saving Skills: Rapid and effective first aid can be the difference between life and death in critical situations. The course equips you with life-saving skills such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), controlling bleeding, and managing choking incidents. These skills are crucial in emergency situations, enabling you to stabilize an injured person until professional medical help arrives.
- Teamwork and Communication: During the Emergency First Aid at Work Course, you will learn the importance of teamwork and effective communication in emergency response. You will understand how to collaborate with colleagues, delegate tasks, and communicate essential information to emergency services. These skills enhance overall response efficiency and promote a coordinated approach to managing emergencies in the workplace.
- Risk Assessment and Prevention: The course emphasizes the significance of risk assessment and hazard recognition to prevent accidents and injuries in the workplace. You will learn how to identify potential risks, implement safety measures, and create a safer working environment. This proactive approach reduces the likelihood of emergencies occurring and promotes a culture of safety.
- Professional Development: Attending an Emergency First Aid at Work Course demonstrates your commitment to professional development and workplace safety. It enhances your resume and can be an asset when seeking employment or career advancement opportunities. The skills and knowledge gained from this training can be applied not only in the workplace but also in various personal and community settings.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for your ‘nominated’ persons responsible for the first aid provision in your businesses. Furthermore, it is ideal for people who provide support to qualified first aiders in larger organisations and those with more complex risks.
To establish the first aid requirement within your business you must carry out a first aid needs analysis. Complete our First Aid requirements Calculator.
If your first aid needs analysis tells you that you need some people trained in first aid at work, they will need to attend our three-day QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Course.
Why’s It Important?
Having designated first aiders at work is a legal requirement. The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 state that employers should provide adequate and appropriate equipment and enough trained first aiders to help injured or ill staff.
Although accidents are preventable, they can still occur. It is essential to be prepared. Training your staff in first-aid will ensure that if an emergency does arise, it is dealt with promptly and effectively.
However, if you fail to provide first aiders in the workplace, then you are putting everyone involved in your business at risk.
How would you feel if you had to tell someone’s family that their loved one died because no one in your business knew what to do?
Course Delivery Options and Prices
We aim to help you make your training budget go further, and we offer a range of cost-effective training options, for example: