This Food Safety Awareness Handbook introduces clear guidance on the importance of hygiene and the safe handling of food in a short, easy-to-read, 20-page, full-colour book.
The book is written to instil in employees their responsibilities regarding preventing food poisoning effectively. The book is ideal for learners taking Level 1 Food Safety training courses or as part of a staff induction training programme.
It should also be given to new employees responsible for handling food. We recommend that food handlers read the booklet and complete the tear-out quiz before they start handling food – this can assist with any due-diligence defence.
Topics covered include:
- Microbiological hazards and controls
- Preventing food poisoning
- Physical hazards and controls
- Personal health and hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfection
- The safe handling and storage of food
- Pest awareness
- HACCP Customised copies