Knowledgeable supervisors and managers are key to food safety. This Level 3 Food Safety book provides essential, practical food safety information that supervisors and managers need to be able to manage staff to provide safe food effectively.
It has been written to cover the key learning outcomes of level 3 food safety qualifications, making it an essential read for all learners on level 3 food safety courses. It can also be used as a reference guide to help supervisors make correct decisions regarding food safety and should be issued to all key team members, senior staff, supervisors, assistant managers and managers.
Topics covered include:
- Food contamination hazards and controls
- Food poisoning and foodborne disease
- Personal hygiene
- Storage/temperature control
- Food spoilage and preservation
- Food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Supervisory management/HACCP
- Food safety legislation